Monday, February 5, 2018

Climb the KL Tower

2017: Every year, the KL Tower organizes a 'towerthon'. Participants have to complete an 800-meter-run uphill before attempting the 2,058 steps to reach the top level at 283 meters.

To avoid congestion, we were flagged off in batches, and by category, which was a great thing because the stairwell was narrow and had poor ventilation. It was hot and stuffy. The handrails were damp from other people's sweat. I could only imagine what a disaster it would be if everybody was released in one go.

As part of my training, I climbed 20 - 30 flights of stairs everyday for about a month leading to the event. This was easily achievable as I lived in a high-rise building. Despite that, I kept running out of breath and had to stop for air and water. I managed to reach the top in 48 minutes.

Making my mama proud on Mother's Day