Monday, February 5, 2018

Have a Flat Tummy

I was thin all through childhood, but not because I was in any way athletic. I don't know why--overactive metabolism maybe. Or worms.

In my early 20's, I developed a mild food addiction. A few people had commented that every time they saw me, I was munching on something. But I didn't have any problem with my weight (because of the worms). Besides, I was working in F&B then, so I needed all those calories. I was on my feet for at least 10 hours every day, 6 days a week, running around serving assholes.

Then, I quit F&B and started working in a bookstore where I usually spent the whole day sitting at my desk. My metabolism also got slower with age, I guess, or the worms had all died, so I gained quite a bit of weight. I was at my heaviest some time in mid 2016. I think it was 63 kg, which is not much, I know, considering my height. I was still in the healthy BMI zone, but I wasn't happy with my shape and how unfit I was. This was how I looked:


I looked like I was 4 months pregnant.

I don't normally share my goals with people, but this time I knew I needed some extra push. To motivate myself, I posted this status on Facebook:




It was liked by 81 people.

Anyone who knows me knows that I don't like to part with my money. So it was the best motivation I could get. I knew I would do everything in my power to make sure I didn't have to pay any one of those 81 MFs people.

I had a month and a half to achieve my goal, so I quickly got down to work. I started by reducing my calorie intake, cutting down on carbs but not eliminating them altogether. I still ate what I wanted to eat, but in gradually reduced portions. I also worked out, focusing more on cardio. I climbed 30 flights of stairs per day, did planks and crunches, and yoga.

By the end of the year, I managed to get a flat (enough) tummy to escape from paying my Facebook friends. Within the following year, I lost about 10 kg.



Before and after