Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Visit Prague




2015: I visited Prague with zero research. I knew it was in Czech Republic, which was somewhere in Central Europe, and that it was supposed to be romantic, because I had heard of a lot of people going there on their honeymoons. But then again, people go to Paris for their honeymoons too, and I still don't see what's so romantic about it. Maybe I'm just a miserable, blind old twat. Anyway, I landed at the airport to hear this language that I had never heard of. It had no resemblance to French or Spanish or Dutch, or any other language I associated with Europe. (I was not familiar with Slovak languages.) They did not use Euro, which I thought all European countries used. And at the time of my arrival, they were having this medieval festival, which of course I wasn't aware of, and strange (albeit beautiful) music was playing everywhere, and people wore cloaks, and elaborate dresses. Needless to say, I was dumbfounded. Where the hell had I landed?



But I was fast to warm up to it, the breathtaking scenery, the castles and cathedrals and the bridges, the people, the mystical atmosphere. I had an amazing host who showed me around, and took photos of me. It was wonderful to get lost in the maze of cobblestone alleyways, and I chanced upon a beautiful sunset-watching spot on top of a hill.






The dancing building
With my host, at a local bar
Personally I find Prague a much more appealing place than Paris to spend a romantic holiday with that special someone.