Monday, October 5, 2015

Smoke Weed

I encountered weed for the first time when I stayed with my host in Melbourne. He offered me a joint but I declined (how could I be so stupid???). After I went home and did some research, of course I wished I had said yes. The only thing I was worried about was that it supposedly could enhance your mood. I had no idea what I would get myself into if my moods were 'enhanced'. Based on my track record, it would surely involve some indecent behavior.

And then I went to Amsterdam, the holy land of marijuana, but again I chickened out. I was traveling alone and was just recovering from a bad breakup, so I was scared I would start hallucinating and kill myself or something. Again, what a shame. I should have at least tried the space cookie.

After that I vowed that the next time I came across weed or hash or cannabis or whatever, I would not turn it down. To do it in my own country would be risking my life though, so I waited till I was abroad. The opportunity came in London, where I stayed with a host. He said it was pretty common, and he smoked it often, mixed with tobacco. And so I tried. I didn't find it particularly good, because I hated the smell of tobacco.

We shared two joints but still I didn't feel anything. I think it was because I didn't inhale correctly (I'm not a smoker, only tried a cigarette once or twice. I did smoke hookah a lot, but I don't know if that made any difference?)

I think I felt more relaxed and somewhat sleepy, but that was no different from the kind of feeling I get when I sit on the toilet. Perhaps it was a placebo effect anyway. I didn't get the high that I was expecting.

I tried again a few days later in Prague, also at my host's place, and still failed. It was disappointing really. How much practice do I need before I begin to feel it working?