Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Ride A Convertible


2015: I was in Frankfurt, Germany for a day while waiting for a flight to Venice, and I spent the hours at a Couchsurfing host. He was among the kindest ones I had. Upon arriving at his house, I took a shower and a short nap. Then he said he would take me to a cafe for breakfast, and that he had a surprise for me. He said he had read my blog and he was going to help me cross something off my list. He told me to bring my jacket along. I was so excited to know what it was. He then took me to the car park and showed me his car. It was a convertible! Apparently convertible cars are not that uncommon in Germany. It was a little too cold to be driving with the roof open, but we did it anyway, because it was just a short distance to the cafe, and he wanted to humor this third-world-country kid who had never been in a convertible. Hence the jacket.


It was pretty impressive. I felt like a million dollars. :-D